Tiny Turquoise Trailer

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Day 6 - Hello Sierra Nevadas!


ERT  - DAY 6
*Note to Self:  next time you come to Kirk Creek Campground, stay more than 4 days.*







The patient and long suffering husband.  Isn't he so cute?
 Not many men would let their wife plan a crazy vintage trailer trip with such blind trust.


After breakfast, we reluctantly took down the tent, hitched up the trailer and, sadly, moved on.  We had so much fun here and stay here again in a heartbeat.

Back up Highway 1.  It wasn't as scary with the trailer this time because I was on the mountain side of the road.  We, then, cut due east through California on CA-152 and onto CA-145 to Camp Edison on Shaver Lake.

The trip through California's Central Valley was very pretty.  My sister lived in Stockton for year and I remember being amazed at all the things that could be grown in California.  I know that my view is clouded by growing up in a desert, but still.  We stopped several times to stock up on fruit at the roadside stands...heaven!



When we passed through Madera, it was about 100 degrees.  I thought "ohh..we are going to be so hot. It can't possibly be that much cooler at Shaver Lake" but then we started to climb and climb. By the time we hit Shaver Lake, it was 75 degrees.

One of the reasons I picked Camp Edison as our next camp spot was because they had showers and laundry facilities...two things I figured that we would be in desperate need of.  And I was right. Luckily, we aren't overly sweaty or stinky people...anyway, I think we're not...but the shower was heaven.

Our site number was #124.  It was primo.  The best pictures of Shaver Lake are the ones taken from our campsite.  I, again, had to get it 6 months in advance, but I had to fax in requests and wait for them to contact me.  Lots of work, but well worth it.



Elizabeth and Rick went paddleboarding.  No pictures but they had a blast!  Kolton read.  I did laundry...

We heard that THE place to eat was Shaver Lake Pizza.  It was terrific but not someplace to go if you are in a hurry - that place was busy!  However, it gave us time to give the town a quick look.




We had a great time on the lake.  We swam and relaxed and ate lots of great pizza.  Camp Edison is wonderful





Peaceful...


No comments:

Post a Comment