Tiny Turquoise Trailer

Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm not sure if I survived. Check back tomorrow.


I am back from girls camp.
Oh, my heck.
That's Utah-speak for "I survived"
For the most part.

Things began to unravel quickly.  My assistant camp director called me when I was getting my hitch put on.  
Her brother-in-law died.  She wouldn't be able to go.  
While I was sad for her, I have to admit I felt selfish.  17 girls and me.  In the woods.  Alone.  No electricity.
Luckily, we had a great camp cook - so, at least, we wouldn't starve to death.
So, I pulled my big girls panties up and marched on.

My trailer was the first casualty.  It was going to have to stay home.  There was no way I was going on a maiden voyage with no backup and 17 girls staring at me to entertain them.

Honestly, girls camp was fabulous.  The girls were awesome.  Teenagers get a bad rap, sometimes.  But these girls were adventurous, kind, spiritual, inclusive, deep thinking.  Again. Awesome.  We had so much fun.  We hiked and whitewater rafted, canoes and paddleboated, did mani/pedis, had an outdoor movie (Yes - we had no electricity - we ran a car for an hour and a half) on a giant outdoor screen made of sheets.
High above Flaming Gorge

Rafting the Green
See the man on the right? That is my brother that I steal  borrow stuff from.
I am standing behind him with my life vest still on.  I don't know why...


I had to sleep in a tent, which is no bueno.  My hubby *gasp* slept with me.  The scandal!  And during one night, our daughter had to sleep there too, because she had a stomach ache.  And the stomach ache felt so much better wedged between two overtired adults.  A two man tent with three people and our stuff. Also, remember that the hubsters is 6'6.  The whole night was a freak out moment of barely suppressed claustrophobia.

 Here I publicly state...I am not sleeping in a tent again.  So help me, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment