Tiny Turquoise Trailer

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sad

I won't see my boy for two years.  I will only be able to talk to him twice a year.  He will struggle, he will be homesick, he will be discouraged, he will want his mom, he will have people be mean to him.  But...He will grow into a man, he will learn to speak fluent Japanese, he will learn how strong and capable he really is, he will learn that the Lord loves him.
I love that kid.  The second the doctor laid him in my arms, I was smitten.  He was a momma's boy.  He was the one who finished my sentences and I was the only one who could make him smile when he was mad or upset.
I am so proud of him and how he has conducted his life.  Isn't the ultimate goal is to prepare our kids to live a good life and have the ability to take care of themselves without our help?  But, while my heart swells with pride, my throat swells with tears.  Good Luck, my boy.  I love you.
Two years seems like such a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment