Tiny Turquoise Trailer

Sunday, June 30, 2013

What's in a name?

I wanted a new name for my trailer.  Unfortunately, I opened it up to my family for discussion.  When you want to maintain some control over something, never ask your family for their opinions.

My husband wanted to call it "Cardinal Sin"  because it  is a Cardinal trailer masquerading in a Shasta stripe. There is no way I am sleeping in something called "Cardinal Sin".  At least, not with my family in tow! Yikes!
My 13 year old daughter wanted to name it "Minnie"  because it is tiny and she loves anything Disney.  I told her that was a great idea if it was red and black. Actually, I wish that I had thought of the Disney idea first...
My 24 year old daughter wanted to keep it "Trixie" but I had already crossed that off the list.
And my son.  He takes the cake.  We were discussing names that reference its lovely blue/turquoise color.


And he came up with...(wait for it)...
Uranus.
Because Uranus is a large, blue, gassy planet....
URANUS???
As in... "Look! there goes Uranus down the road"
and
"We could go camping in Uranus"

That kid is hilarious.


I couldn't stop laughing.  Believe me, there is a lot of funny material with calling the trailer Uranus - 
most of it involving seventh grade humor. 

Uranus...that is just the best.



Unfortunately, soon it became apparent that the name Trixie stuck was going to stick...dang it!
 Darn that Madisen! she has a way of naming things in such a way that the name forever sticks. 
It is the advertising major in her, I suppose.  So, (begrudgingly) Trixie it is.

 I remember reading Trixie Belden books when I was in the fifth grade and really liked them.
 That was before I discovered Nancy Drew.
 I love Nancy Drew. Secretly, I still think that I am Nancy Drew...just ask any of my family.  They call it being snoopy...I call it being curious. It is then that they point out that I have binoculars in the upstairs window.  I tell them that it is because I am nearsighted and can't see anything good without them.
Somehow, that probably isn't the best logic.
 But, anyway, I have good memories of readingTrixie Belden so I guess I'm ok with Trixie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment