Tiny Turquoise Trailer

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's just not a good time!

Why is it that when you have a little bit of extra time, a project formulates in your head.  So, you try to put said project into motion and, for whatever reason, it just doesn't materialize.  Fast forward to a time when you have a million things going on, and you couldn't possibly fit one more thing into your life, and... SPLAT - the ill-time project falls into your lap. What to do...what to do...

I am LDS, and for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about...I'm a Mormon, bro. What this means is that I basically get drafted into a mess of things where I have no concept what I'm doing.  My latest (failed) draft dodging attempt came in the form of girls camp.  I get to take a group of squealing, smiling, and scripture reading girls into the woods for a week where I have to manufacture a non-stop whirlwind of fun that will reduce me to a blubbering mass of goo. With no electricity.   Anyway, if you follow the way I've drifted - I have camp coming up and it's pretty intense.

Plus, I have a boy that is leaving on a LDS mission to Japan in a few short weeks.  And, there is a lot (A LOT) of buying of stuff going on... since he is 6'4 and the buying stuff in Japan that fits him is going to be pretty dang scarce. Honestly, I'm having a hard time thinking of him being gone for two years. I love that kid.   I can't even think of how much I'm going to miss him.  So,  I am choosing to be in denial and saying to myself that he is just going to be on a short trip.   He is going to love it, though and is super stoked. It is a dream come true for him.  And I am stoked for him, so that makes me happy. I'm obviously feeling conflicted about this.

Isn't he a cutie?

Plus work.
And going to Disneyland. Yay!


And then this little beauty popped up on KSL.com
Notice Sophie - our Wheaten Terrier. She is VERY helpful!


I actually was not looking for a trailer. I had looked for one last year -  you know, when I had less going on. But, it just didn't work out.  Then, my sweet husband was inspired by a retro trailer show, decided to give it a look, and found her.  I was excited but felt like I had too much crap on my plate.  We went to look at her and I was overcome with giddyness.  And, somehow, she followed us home.
My husband is one of those nice guys.  He is pretty good about tolerating my constant projects.  I tried to sell him on her hidden benefits - like he can stay in the trailer when we go to girls camp.  Unfortunately, (for him) he has to go to camp with us.  They make us take a man in case a bear tries to eat us or something.  I know, it is pretty sexist, but whatever.  He really doesn't want to go.   I am making him because he is pretty nice to be around. But, honestly, he would be no help with the bear.  But, he since he has to go... he can sleep in the trailer.  I get to sleep in a tent.  I know, we are married, but there can't be any hanky-panky going on.  Like we would with 18 girls and 10 women around.  Stupid.
Cute Shannon sold us the trailer.  She lived in it for the last 3 summers while she was working as a white water guide in California.  She called it the Happiness Bus because it looked like happiness threw up all over it.

Yeah. 

The color scheme totally fit Shannon and my 13 year old daughter loved it. But no.
We called her Trixie, initially.  Because it looked like the Trix rabbit pooped in it. Not literally, just color-wise.  But, then I kept hearing Gollum, from Lord of the Rings, say "Hobbit'ses, they're trixie" in his creepy Gollum voice and knew she needed a new name...and a paint job. 







No comments:

Post a Comment