Tiny Turquoise Trailer

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day 9 & 10...that's a whole lotta days, people...

They have a fantastic eatery in remote Tuolumne Meadows.  Fantastic because I didn't have to cook.   It really was delish, though.  So, that's where we ate our morning grub.  We sat on a rock and looked over the Meadow.  Wonderful...

So, then on to the thing that had been stressing me out the whole trip...descending Tioga Pass.    Our Murano has been completely awesome so far.  She has climbed the Sierra Nevadas, crawled along the PCH, basically climbing from sea level to 10,000 feet without so much as a flinch.  Descending so rapidly?  That was a little worrisome.
Hmmmm....

Guess what?  no problems whatsoever.  Except I was, once again, sitting on the sheer drop-off side.  I really hate that.

Wanted to stop at Mono Lake...hubster blew right past.  Wanted to stop at The Mobil in Lee Vining...hubster blew right past.  Wanted to stop at the Bodie Ghost Town...hubster didn't want to stop because of the rough road/trailer combo.  I may have to come back to that one sometime.  I got the feeling that he just wanted to get to Elko.  

The roads through Nevada were terrific.  Smooth. As. Silk. That is until we hooked up with I-80.  I-80 is one terrible road to drive with a little trailer.

We decided to stay in a hotel for the last night.  I know. Total cop-out.  We all needed a shower and I definitely needed to spend an hour in the hot tub. And eat to Costa Vida.  I needed that, too...
We didn't sleep any better in the hotel room than we did in the trailer.  In fact, the hubster got up in the middle of the night and went to sleep in the trailer.  The horn from the train that was a half mile away, while he was dead asleep, almost made for the second cardiac incident of the trip.

It was a fantastic trip.  The trailer didn't desolve into kindling and we had so much more fun than we even expected. I have the feeling that this trip will obtain legend-status.

ps....The Suisse Yosemite tent? Fantastic!  Went up and down 6 different times.  It was super easy to pop up. No tears or damage.  Would totally recommend this tent to anyone.








No comments:

Post a Comment